What liquor is good in champagne?
Some of the Best Spirits you can mix with Champagne:
- One of the most popular spirits that is added to Champagne cocktails with popular options including Blue Champagne, Aqua Marina and Liberty Blue Champagne
- Cognac: This spirit is popular with Champagne lovers and Champagne making and also has a fair few cocktails that involve it too. Names to look out for when ordering a cocktail with Cognac in its recipe include Night and Day, Prince of Wales and Rose of the Ritz.
- Brandy: A spirit distilled from wine and generally containing 35-60% alcohol, it will certainly spice up any cocktail. Champagne cocktails with with Brandy (coming from the Dutch word brandewijn, meaning “burnt wine”) include Champagne Celebration, French 125 and Original Sin.
- Gin: One of our favourites, mother’s ruin to many and made from juniper berries, and this ever popular spirit finds it way in to many Champagne cocktails. Look out for Diamond Fizz, Monte Carlo Imperial and Typhoon.
- Rum: The stuff made from sugar cane and usually aged in oak barrels is another spirit that many add to Champagne cocktails. Many of the cocktails with it will include citrus fruits juice with examples being Sparkling Hunt Punch, Bonecrusher and American Flyer.